Wednesday, June 1, 2016

BoxCar Children in Graphic Novel Form!

June 1st, 2016

I used to read the first book of The BoxCar Children to my second and third graders.  I only had The BoxCar Children in chapter book format. The students loved it! I used to love it when I was a kid but I was not sure if The BoxCar Children was still popular with students today. I was happy to find out they still are. So much so that i had to pull them out and put them in a section of the library so students in primary grades can find them more easily. However, I wished the book had more pictures! To my surprise, I found The BoxCar Children in graphic novel format! I was so excited! It has wonderful pictures and it allows me to finish reading the book at a much faster pace! I can ask my students to compare the two formats-the chapter novel format and graphic novel format. I have not read this to my students yet via the document camera but I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment