Monday, February 22, 2016

Do you know everything about HIBERNATION?

February 22, 2016

       
     The kindergarten teachers at my school do a hibernation unit now and they have asked me if I
have any hibernation books in the library. I only had one or two and they were not books at the kindergarten level. I resolved to get hibernation books for them and via this grant, I did!  I am so excited to share these books with the kindergarten teachers and other teachers at my school who might be interested. I ordered the book, " Do Polar Bears Snooze in Hollow Trees?" by Laura Purdie Salas and illustrated by Todd Ouren. This book is part of the Animals All Around Series. I do not have any Animals All Around Series books in the library and wanted to check them out. I love this book! This book also provides a glossary, website references as well as titles of the other books in the series. 
 I learned quite a few facts that I did not even know. 
       * Did you know that raccoons snooze in hollow trees? They hibernate in small groups in hollow trees.  

* Did you know that a wood frog turns into ice to hibernate during the winter?

YOU WILL HAVE TO GET THE BOOK TO FIND OUT MORE FUN FACTS:)

     

No comments:

Post a Comment