Monday, June 24, 2019

Genius Hour 4-Elevator Pitch

June 24th, 2019


PART 1: MY ELEVATOR PITCH!

PART 2: This week I am exploring Tunity app on my Iphone. I cannot remember where I heard about it. I believe I heard about it from someone on Twitter. I never got around to it. I kept thinking maybe the app will not help. However, my genius hour and my hearing was important to me so I tried it and man I was like this WORKS! Since I am now off, I can watch my court shows during the day like Judge Marilyn, Hot Bench and Judge Judy! I tried the app while watching Judge Judy and my mind was blown. The sound from the TV came directly to my cochlear implant. I took the other one off. It was an eye opening experience. I found the captions were way behind. I can hear what Judge Judy was saying on time! It was SOOOO CLEAR! There were even commercials that had no captioning but I can hear it when sometimes I have a hard time hearing what is being said. I can fine tune the sounds via the app as well. I just turn on the tunity app and allow it camera access. You point the app toward the TV and it detects the channel you are on. It is a FREE app that lets you hear any live muted TV. It says I can save the channels without the need to rescan so I have to check that out! I will definitely be adding this to my routine. Why? This will help train my brain to hear !!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Deirdre,
    Your elevator pitch it great. I'm amazed by this technology and how it all works. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about your journey. I have had many students in my classes who have cochlear implants so it is interesting for me to hear some of your tips. Using a screencast with a presentation is a great idea! I should use it for students that missed class. Thanks for sharing your journey and best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really struggled to add audio to my Google Slides presentation. I hadn't thought of using Screencastify over the top of Slides to add voice over. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete